Training & Community Education
Small Steps Big Changes Family Mentor Service
In partnership with Framework we support the development of the SSBC Family Mentor Service in the wards of St Ann’s and Arboretum. This involves acting as the link between the service and schools, nurseries and local organisations to help raise awareness and promote the SSBC Family Mentor programme and co-ordinate events.
We are at the start of a 6 month programme called Working Ways geared to support hard to reach adults on their journey into education, training, volunteering and work.
We Also Provide
Well-being and emotional resilience
Our groups bring people together from across the community helping to reduce isolation and increase opportunities to extend their friendship and network groups.
Acts as an informal forum for addressing issues and challenges local people face. This also helps raise their knowledge of systems and procedures. Refers participants to other agencies for additional specialised support.
This has been delivered through a range of project themes including employments skills, creative crafts and cooking as well as pure conversation groups. As importantly, the sessions also bring people of different cultures, language and backgrounds together thus helping to reduce isolation and increase their network of friends and acquaintances.
- Assists people into training and education, volunteering and employment.
- Employability skills – bespoke programmes
- Raises awareness of a wide range of financial matters including household budgeting, basic debt management.
- Signposts to organisations more experienced in these matters.
- Established our Free4All initiative offering donated items of clothing, household goods, toys for free helping households reduce costs. This concept acts as the catalyst to bring people together week after week.